Choose the right design for your web shop
By choosing the right design, you increase user-friendliness. Good design ensures that users enjoy visiting your website or shop. You will find your way around easily. Good design significantly increases the conversion rate . But what makes a good web design? What constitutes good and bad design is certainly subjective. Nevertheless, there are some general principles that make up good website design. I’ll get into that below.
Default shop layout –
clear user guidance
Most web shops use a similar arrangement of standard elements. These standard elements are logos, logins, search bars, language selection, menus, navigation bars or breadcrumbs. If you also use these elements according to the de facto standard, your customers will find their way around your site more quickly.
Shop with colors
The right color combinations on your website arouse the desired emotions in users. Harmonious colors invite you to linger on the website. Color hierarchies ensure clarity . They draw attention to the products or call-to-action buttons. Use a primary color for the main element and secondary colors for highlights.
use in store
Images speak to users faster and more emotionally than just text. If you want to appeal to feelings, use images of people. These work particularly well.
The responsive design ensures that the websites are displayed equally well on all end devices (desktop, tablet and smartphone). Internet access with mobile devices is increasing. It is therefore important for you to give your customers the best possible shopping experience.
- Your website is clearly structured and clearly laid out
- Negative space (also called white space) is used to emphasize the main element
- Use size and placement of objects for visual hierarchy ; so you guide the looks of your site visitors
- Use typography . With typography you optimize the textual presentation. When it comes to corporate fonts, make sure that they can be displayed on all devices and browsers.
- Make your text easy to read . The texts should be understandable and suitable for your company and target groups. Do not use italics in body text. Break up large blocks of text into multiple paragraphs.
A good design is not just a matter of taste, it is the basis for a successful web presence and forms the basis for your successful online business.
We would be happy to advise you on your design